This Story is from the Category Local News Click Link to View all Stories
Posted on Tuesday, May 1st, 2018 - - - This post has 0 views
St. Joe in Talks with Indianapolis College to Reopen in 2020 as a 2 yr. School
We realize the following communications may be difficult for some and welcomed by others. In order to succeed in the Saint Joseph’s College renewal, I believe that the following decisions offer a solid foundation for the future:
On April 19th, based on the investigations and research of the Phoenix Team, the Board of Trustees made the following decisions regarding the future of Saint Joseph’s College:
• The Board approved that the College adopt the model of a two-year program with partner institutions as the most feasible way to continue the mission of educating students as a first step to bring Saint Joseph’s College back into operation.
• The Board approved that the College formally pursue a relationship with Marian University. Saint Joseph’s College personnel and Marian University’s personnel will negotiate the details and present a proposal to both institutions’ Board of Trustees.
• Saint Joseph’s College has developed an initial maintenance plan. The following buildings have been identified as the footprint for renewal of activities on campus:
1. The Saint Joseph’s Chapel
2. The Father Banet Core Educational
3. Schwietermann Hall
4. The Athletic Complex (consisting of the Scharf Fieldhouse, the Recreational Center and associated fields and structures)
5. Drexel Hall
6. McHale Hall
7. The Residential Suites (Student Apartments)
8. Justin Hall
A renewed Saint Joseph’s College will necessitate participation, cooperation, passion, and most importantly, contributions from all walks of life. Drawing on our past strengths and embracing new opportunities, we can not only revive Saint Joseph’s College but also position it as a revolutionary force in the landscape of higher education.
Fr. Barry Fischer, C.PP.S.
Rector and Puma Forever
Press release from Saint Joseph’s College Facebook.